· Advising U.S. companies and individuals on the complex laws and regulations governing the export of goods and technology (military and non-military) from the U.S.
· Handling of matters related to export licensing, compliance, and enforcement under the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR), and the regulations of the Office of Foreign Assets Control
· Advising on classification, valuation and country-of-origin marking issues related to exports
· Developing Export Compliance Manuals for U.S. exporters
· Representing clients before the U.S. Customs and Border Protection, U.S. Department of State and U.S. Department of Commerce (Bureau of Industry and Security) in connection with seizure of goods and issues with U.S. export laws
· Advising on classification, valuation, country-of-origin marking, substantial transformation, preferential duty, and drawback issues dealing with imports
· Advising on USMCA issues and on other international trade treaties
· Representing clients before the U.S. Customs and Border Protection in connection with seizure of goods
· Advising foreign and U.S. companies and individuals on international trade strategies
· Providing extensive policy and legal advice to U.S. and foreign companies with respect to WTO and other international rules affecting trade and investment
· Advising U.S. and foreign companies on treaties and other international trade laws affecting the companies’ imports and exports.