Carbonell Law Firm, P.C. is strategically located in San Antonio, Texas. We have a strong presence in the U.S./Mexico International trade corridor given San Antonio’s geographic location and dynamic domestic and international business community. The Firm’s International & Cross-Border Practice provides legal services in connection with foreign direct investment, international mergers and acquisitions, international business transactions, international compliance issues and other various cross-border transactions.
The Firm's principal lawyer, Jose Luis Carbonell, has over 20 years of experience, which enables the Firm to provide expert and specialized legal and consulting advice in International Business and Cross-Border Transactions. In particular, inbound and outbound transactions in U.S./Mexico matters and on matters involving other countries around the world, such as South America, China and European Countries.
The Firm advises U.S.-based investors and businesses in their efforts to do business in Mexico and other global markets. Over the years, Jose Luis Carbonell has developed and established various relationships with law firms and lawyers in Mexico, allowing the Firm to provide clients the legal assistance necessary for the client to do business in Mexico. This enables clients to consolidate and streamline oversight, coordination and implementation of their U.S./Mexico legal activities, thus easing the challenges of doing cross-border business.
Through the established relationships with law firms and lawyers in Mexico, the Firm provides the following legal services in outbound transactions:
· Advising U.S. companies involved in foreign direct investment in Mexico (and other foreign countries), e.g., establishing foreign entities, maquiladora operations, shelter agreements, international contract manufacturing agreements, and other international agreements
· Advising U.S. companies and individuals that wish to invest in, purchase, or lease real estate in Mexico
· Structuring, negotiating and documenting international mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures involving companies from the U.S., Mexico, and other countries around the world
· Structuring, negotiating and documenting international distributorship, franchise and joint venture transactions
· Advising U.S. companies in the protection of intellectual property rights abroad
· Structuring, negotiating, and documenting cross-border lending transactions
· International tax planning
· Structuring, negotiating, and documenting international sales of goods and services
· Working closely with foreign legal counsel, international corporations, and banking and financial institutions worldwide and, when appropriate, with officials and agencies of the U.S. and foreign governments to assist companies involved in foreign or offshore operations
· Mexico customs (import and export), e.g., obtaining IMMEX (maquiladora) permits, and in general advising clients on customs laws
· Assisting U.S., Mexican and multinational companies with establishing manufacturing operations and programs in Mexico
· Advising clients on matters related to shelter manufacturing agreements and operations, international contract manufacturing agreements and operations
· Advising clients in customs and international trade law.
The United States has always been a business mecca and goal for many foreign companies and individuals. One of the key expertise of the Firm and Jose Luis Carbonell is in the area of foreign direct investment in the U.S. As such, the Firm represents foreign companies and individuals on matters such as:
· Advising foreign (non-U.S.) companies and individuals wishing to invest in and establish foreign-owned U.S. entities
· Advising foreign (non-U.S.) companies and individuals that wish to invest in, purchase, or lease real estate in the U.S
· Advising and assisting foreign (non-U.S.) companies and individuals in registering U.S. trademarks/service marks
· International tax planning advice and U.S. tax issues pertaining to foreign (non-U.S.) companies and individuals
· Structuring, negotiating and documenting international mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures including cross-border transactions involving companies from the U.S., Mexico, and other countries
· Advising and assisting foreign (non-U.S.) companies and individuals in connection with distribution, licensing, franchising, and joint venture arrangements
· Advising on and negotiating lending and financing agreements
· Advising and assisting in various other types of foreign investment structures in the U.S